Today’s post originally appeared on the Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed) website. The post addresses the all-important topic of helping patients beat stroke by expanding access to effective treatment and perfecting systems of care delivery. The piece is entitled, “Beating Stroke: Expanding Access to Effective Treatment and Perfecting Systems of Care Delivery.” It’s authored by Clemens M. Schirmer, MD, PhD, FAANS, and Deborah L. Benzil, MD, FAANS. To read the full post, click here.
Healthcare is a central to our daily lives and policymakers in Washington, DC have an enormous influence and control over this vital aspect of society. Yet despite this, most people cannot see what goes on behind the scenes of health policy circles in our Nation’s capital. The mission of Neurosurgery Blog is to investigate and report on how healthcare policy affects patients, physicians and medical practice and to illustrate that the art and science of neurosurgery encompasses much more than brain surgery.
- Neurosurgery Lost a Leader, and I Lost a Dear Friend — Randall W. Smith, MD, FAANS(L)
- Cross-Post: Physician Pay Cuts Are Another Threat to Independent Practices
- Giving Thanks to the Neurosurgeons in the Military Who Have Served our Country
- Permanently Funding CHIP is Essential for the Health of Our Children
- Faces of Neurosurgery: An Interview with Volker K. H. Sonntag, MD, FAANS (L)