Veterans Day is an appropriate opportunity to pay tribute to the contributions of the many military neurosurgeons who have made significant contributions and sacrifices. This storied history is filled with contributions from many of our field’s current and former leaders. We thought today our Neurosurgery Blog readership might want to revisit some of the profiles of these truly amazing individuals that we previously spotlighted.
Thank you to these and all other veterans who have served our nation with selflessness and dignity to protect the freedoms that we have all come to take for granted. Your service can never be honored enough. Happy Veterans Day one and all.
- Military Faces of Neurosurgery – A Hero So Named
- Military Faces of Neurosurgery – Vietnam 1968-1969: A Place and Year Like No Other
- Paying Tribute: Women as the Military Faces of Neurosurgery
- Military Faces: Donald O. Quest, MD
- Service as a Neurosurgeon: My Mentors as the Military Face of Neurosurgery
- Military Faces of Neurosurgery – Silver Lining in the Black Cloud of the Civil War: Improved Medical Education
- COL (ret) Rocco A. Armonda MD, FAANS: Bringing the Cutting Edge of Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery to the Battlefield