The fall 2018 edition of AANS Neurosurgeon offers The Advice Issue – neurosurgeons sharing tips, experiences and worthwhile pursuits they have undertaken to broaden their horizons further.
Topics discussed in this edition include going back to school, the medical student experience, media training, publishing tips, becoming a successful neurosurgeon-entrepreneur and much more. This is the issue you do not want to miss!
Some highlights of the publication:
- Going Back to School for an MBA — Personal Reflections
Aaron A. Cohen-Gadol, MD, MSc, MBA, FAANS
David H. Harter, MD, FAANS
- Academic Advancement for the Neurosurgeon
William T. Couldwell, MD, PhD, FAANS
- Building Cultural Competence in the Workplace
Karin M. Muraszko, MD, FAANS
- Training the Next Generation: Initiating the Process for Starting a Residency
James M. Ecklund, MD, FAANS; James W. Leiphart, MD, PhD, FAANS
- Neurosurgeons Go Back to School: Medicine and Law: Seeing the World with New Eyes
Alan M. Scarrow, MD, JD, FAANS
- Neurosurgeons Got Back to School: Public Health as a Mid-Career Option
Anil Nanda, MD, MPH, FAANS
- Capitol Hill Toolkit – A Guide to Successful Advocacy
Alison E. Dye; Adrienne R. Mortimer
AANS Neurosurgeon presents information and analysis of modern neurosurgical practice as the official socioeconomic publication of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS). Matters pertaining to legislation, workforce issues, practice management and the effects seen in the neurosurgery specialty are covered.