From time to time on Neurosurgery Blog, you will see us cross-posting or linking to items from other publications when we believe they hit the mark on an issue. Today’s post originally appeared on the Health Affairs blog and it highlights a new policy brief from Health Affairs and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), which provides a primer on the Medicare payment part of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA). To read the full post, click here.
Healthcare is a central to our daily lives and policymakers in Washington, DC have an enormous influence and control over this vital aspect of society. Yet despite this, most people cannot see what goes on behind the scenes of health policy circles in our Nation’s capital. The mission of Neurosurgery Blog is to investigate and report on how healthcare policy affects patients, physicians and medical practice and to illustrate that the art and science of neurosurgery encompasses much more than brain surgery.
- Faces of Neurosurgery: An Interview with Volker K. H. Sonntag, MD, FAANS (L)
- Cross-Post: A Way Forward For The Imaging Appropriate Use Criteria Program: Aligning Quality Metrics
- Cross-Post: Bipartisan Bill Would Improve Medicare Patients’ Access to Care
- Faces of Neurosurgery: An Interview with Kim J. Burchiel, MD, FAANS, FACS
- Faces of Neurosurgery: An Interview with R. Michael Scott, MD, FAANS (L)