From time to time on Neurosurgery Blog, you will see us cross-posting or linking to items from other publications when we believe they hit the mark on an issue. Today’s post originally appeared on the Health Affairs blog and it highlights a new policy brief from Health Affairs and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), which provides a primer on the Medicare payment part of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA). To read the full post, click here.
Healthcare is a central to our daily lives and policymakers in Washington, DC have an enormous influence and control over this vital aspect of society. Yet despite this, most people cannot see what goes on behind the scenes of health policy circles in our Nation’s capital. The mission of Neurosurgery Blog is to investigate and report on how healthcare policy affects patients, physicians and medical practice and to illustrate that the art and science of neurosurgery encompasses much more than brain surgery.
- Cross-Post: Brain Tumors in Children
- University of Miami Increases Neuro-Oncology Collaboration and Mentorship Through Innovative New Fellowship Program
- The Long Game: The CNS’ Investment in the NINDS/CNS Getch K12 Scholar Award
- Socioeconomic Status and Short-term Glioblastoma Survival: Does it Make a Difference?
- Neurosurgical Oncologists as Champions of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion