Today, Morning Consult published a Guest Opinion piece featuring our own, Alex B. Valadka, MD, a neurosurgeon from Richmond, VA and executive board member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons. The article, “Neurosurgeons Descend on Capitol Hill to Fight for Patient Access to Specialty Care,” addresses the need for Congress to step up to the plate and address the continued shortcomings of our healthcare system, including repealing of the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB), delaying Stage 3 of Medicare’s electronic health record meaningful use requirements, increasing funding for graduate medical education and enacting medical liability reform. To read the full piece, click here.
Healthcare is a central to our daily lives and policymakers in Washington, DC have an enormous influence and control over this vital aspect of society. Yet despite this, most people cannot see what goes on behind the scenes of health policy circles in our Nation’s capital. The mission of Neurosurgery Blog is to investigate and report on how healthcare policy affects patients, physicians and medical practice and to illustrate that the art and science of neurosurgery encompasses much more than brain surgery.
- Faces of Neurosurgery: An Interview with Volker K. H. Sonntag, MD, FAANS (L)
- Cross-Post: A Way Forward For The Imaging Appropriate Use Criteria Program: Aligning Quality Metrics
- Cross-Post: Bipartisan Bill Would Improve Medicare Patients’ Access to Care
- Faces of Neurosurgery: An Interview with Kim J. Burchiel, MD, FAANS, FACS
- Faces of Neurosurgery: An Interview with R. Michael Scott, MD, FAANS (L)